Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy New Year - 2017




Happy New Year!  Thanks to everyone who supported my blogs, THE BASEBALL SCROLL and www.klmitchell.com in 2016.  Your feedback encourages and inspires me to continue providing content for both each week. 


Thanks to everyone also for the support you gave my first book, Last Train to Cooperstown. ( http://booklaunch.io/kevinlmitchell/last-train-to-cooperstown)  The response towards it continues to be fantastic and I anticipate more in 2017.  I will keep you posted.

The focus of both blogs this year will continue to be on the Negro League baseball era.  The players of this time period did not let racial discrimination be an excuse or rational for not giving their best on the field.  They did their best with the talent God gave them no matter the circumstances and that should be an inspiration to us all to do the same.

I will also focus on the time period when the “invisible color line” for professional baseball was erased and the process of integrating Major League baseball began; the late 1940s and the 1950s.  This was a period of joy, but also frustration for African American and dark-skinned Latino ballplayers.  The door to the Major Leagues had opened, but the process of integration was slow due to the prevailing racial prejudice and discrimination. 


There will also be some content about the 1960s, the peak years of my baseball card collecting activity (Topps, Post Cereal, etc.) and when I had a youthful innocence for the game.


In addition, I will periodically give updates on me writing my second book, “Sunset at Daybreak:  The Final Years of Negro League Baseball”


Continue to enjoy THE BASEBALL SCROLL and www.klmitchell.com in 2017 and spread the word about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment